Cintas Corporation shares approach 52-week high – Market Mover
Cintas Company (CTAS) closed today 1.7% below its 52-week high of $ 409.80, giving the company a market cap of $ 41 billion. The stock is currently up 14.2% year-to-date, 20.5% in the past 12 months and 282.8% in the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.8% and the S&P 500 rose 2.2%.
- Trading volume this week was 25.9% below the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market, stands at 1.3.
- The stock’s Relative Strength Index (RSI) was above 70, indicating that it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend following momentum indicator, indicates an uptrend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger Band, indicating that it may be oversold.
- The stock closed 1.8% above its 5-day moving average, 2.0% above its 20-day moving average and 4.6% above its 90-day moving average.
Comparative market performance
- The company’s stock price is the same as the S&P 500 Index, it lags on a one year basis and beats it on a 5 year basis.
- The company’s stock price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, it lags on a one year basis and beats it on a 5 year basis.
- The company’s stock price is the same as the performance of its peers in the communications services industry, it lags on a one-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis .
Comparative performance by group
- Year-to-date stock market performance beats peer average by 309.6%
- Company’s stock market performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 5.4%
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s stock price to its earnings per share, is 356.8% higher than the peer average.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.