Marvel Entertainment to launch NFTs – Fans will soon be able to search for rare NFT comics – Bitcoin News
Marvel Entertainment has announced that the company is entering the business of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company and famous comic book creator says Marvel fans will be able to purchase “official Marvel NFT digital collectibles, digital comics and more.”
Marvel to launch NFT digital comics and collectibles through the Veve app
- Comic book and movie giant Marvel Entertainment is getting into NFTs according to a press release on Thursday. The announcement says Marvel is aiming to launch digital collectibles, digital comics, and other NFT products.
- The comics began in 1939, but Marvel’s entertainment arm was summoned in 1998 and is based in New York City. The company with 1,786 employees generates an estimated turnover of 366 million dollars per year.
- For the NFT company, Marvel has partnered with Orbis Blockchain Technologies Limited, a company that operates the Veve Digital Collectibles app. The app is available on iOS and Android. With the app, Marvel fans can buy and redeem the company’s unique offers.
- The announcement notes that users of the Veve app can also “search for rare (and even secret) NFT comics and collectibles and display their hard-earned collection in fully customizable virtual showrooms.”
- Veve’s in-app currency called Gems will be required to purchase official Marvel NFT products and NFT owners will also be able to resell them through Veve’s secondary market.
- Through the platform of Veve, vice president of business development and strategy for Marvel Entertainment, Daniel Fink said the company hopes to “expand the boundaries of what the Marvel fandom can be, starting with items from personal and interactive digital collection that, thanks to NFTs, fans can truly collect, and enjoy in ways they haven’t been able to before.
- Marvel is following comic book creator competitor DC Comics who revealed they will be launching NFTs in March 2021. This followed a letter sent to independent artists by DC Comics’ legal representative who told them to stop create NFTs related to DC Comics.
- “More details on the exciting new Marvel digital collectibles coming to Veve will be shared in the coming weeks,” Marvel said Thursday. “Comic book fans should also stay tuned for more exciting new reveals to come,” the entertainment company added.
What do you think of Marvel Entertainment getting into NFTs? Let us know what you think of this topic in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Marvel Comics,
Warning: This article is for informational purposes only. This is not a direct offer or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, nor a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or business. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, good or service mentioned in this article.