Organizations team up for skills-focused career fair in Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Two local organizations are coming together to host a one-of-a-kind career fair later this week.
Dale Rogers Training Center and Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma are hosting a career fair on Thursday, Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the DRTC in northwest Oklahoma City.
Organizers say five disability-inclusive employers will attend the event to hire candidates looking for new jobs or a career change.
“DRTC is dedicated to creating a more inclusive workforce in Oklahoma, and this career fair is uniquely designed to create a new accessibility experience for all participants,” said the Executive Director of DRTC, Deborah Copeland, M.Ed.
Employers attending the event will include:
- Amazon – Various positions
- Dale Rogers Training Center – Food Service, Drivers, Landscaping, Concierge, Case Manager, Webmaster, Accounts Specialist, Administrative Staff and Transition Instructor
- Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma – Security, Janitorial, Team Leader, Ground Technician, Store Associates, Warehouse Associates, Drivers, Donation Clerks
- Omni Hotel – Various reception stations
- Sodexo – Various positions.
âAs an organization that includes people with disabilities, we believe that lives can be changed through the power of work, and we want to make that as easy as possible for someone in need,â said Lisa Dillon, vice president the development of the Goodwill workforce.
Organizers say there will be a wide range of accommodation available such as sign language interpreters, bilingual staff, a sense-sensitive area, visual aids and professional coaches.
Suggest a correction