Warren County program connects families in need of help with local organizations
LAKE GEORGE, NY (NEWS10) – Warren County has a new program to help parents and children who may have difficulty navigating life’s challenges or obstacles. More than a dozen organizations have formed a coalition to provide help to families in need.
The Y-ReCONNECTS Parent Ambassador Coalition is overseen by the County and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren County. Warren County said the Coalition has helped parents connect with local organizations in recent weeks.
âThere is a great need for these services, and they are available to anyone who needs them,â said Robert Lusi, Warren County director of probation. âThere is a lot of pressure on parents and children right now, and we hope these resources can help provide the support needed to overcome any barriers that parents and their children may face. “
The county was one of three to receive a $ 100,000 grant over three years for a parent assistance program. In addition to local organizations, parents who have experience with the justice system will help. A young person who has lived in the justice system before will also help.
- Behavioral Health Services North
- Community maternity services
- Cornell Cooperative Extension offices in Warren and Washington counties
- Prevention Council
- Mediation issues
- Family support KKC Cares
- Hudson Headwaters Youth Awareness Group
- Warren / Washington County Community Services
- Northern Rivers Behavioral Health Crisis
- Progressive parenting inc.
- Parent-to-parent from New York State
- Warren / Washington Care Center
- Warren County Department of Social Services
- Warren County Probation Department
For more information about the Coalition, to make a referral, or to volunteer with the program, call or email Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren County Community Educator, Roxanne Westcott at (518) 668-4881 / [email protected] or Amy Secor at (518) 761-6444/[email protected]